Phones powered by Microsoft software, otherwise known as Windows Phones, have always struggled to keep up with the big guns, as in Apple and Android. Windows may have cornered the PC market and be one of the biggest and most well-known companies worldwide, but it lags behind when it comes to mobile devices. Although its popularity does seem to be picking up a bit more in recent years, and there are now a few more Windows phones to choose from when you’re looking for a new mobile device. And it’s not as if Windows has fallen behind with regards speed and ease of use. Maybe brand marketing has something to do with it because Microsoft-powered phones have just as slick an interface and speedy operating system as some of those better known brands. Finding bingo apps that are Windows compatible is a little harder, as there is far less choice than iOS and Android compatible apps. But when it comes to accessing an online bingo site using a mobile browser the opportunities are exactly the same.
How to pick the best Windows bingo site
There are a number of things to bear in mind when looking for a Windows mobile bingo site. The decision is going to be a hard one because there are hundreds of Irish online bingo sites to choose from. Nevertheless there are a couple of things to consider that will make the choice a little easier.
If you’ve already got a Windows powered mobile device and are wondering whether it’s worth trying to play bingo, go for it. It’s definitely worth a try because Windows phones have large displays and fast operating systems which are both essential elements for anyone wanting to play bingo online. The resolution is crystal clear and the quality of the graphics is top notch. Far better, in fact, than a number of other smartphones. We’ve been told that Windows handsets rarely ever crash and provide a very stable experience for anyone wanting to play games, and not just bingo games either.
The game format
Windows bingo will be much the same experience as bingo played on any other device. You’ll be able to do just as much as anyone using the desktop version of a site. It will be possible to register, signup, make a deposit or withdrawal as well as the all important play a game of bingo. The whole experience is no different than playing online bingo using an iOS or Android device. All Windows devices have Internet Explorer already installed so all that’s needed is to open the mobile browser and type the name of the bingo site you’re interested in into the address bar. Alternatively, you’ll be able to perform an Internet Explorer search.
What does the future hold for Windows bingo?
Windows may have lagged behind the competition up until now but the future’s looking brighter as Windows becomes more and more popular. There are more bingo operators and software developers that are optimising apps and their sites to run more efficiently and properly on Windows. Windows smartphones were originally created with gamers in mind and are a good choice for those who want to play bingo on the move.
Our Recommended Bingo
- Welcome to serious fun with up to £120 bonus*
- Enjoy free bingo, massive daily jackpots, and fantastic deals
Windows, iOS or Android – Which one is best for playing online bingo?
There are lots of people that will be wanting an answer to this question. But we have to admit there really is no definitive answer. For all three, there are both good and bad points which kind of equal each other out. At the end of the day, it really comes down to personal preference and how much you allow yourself to be swayed by the marketing and branding guys in their ivory towers. Let’s look at a few different features and see if we can help you to decide.
- Performance – There may not be as many Windows apps to choose from as Android or iOS, but what is available makes good use of all the best Windows graphical elements, crisp and clear resolution and quick processing speed. A common problem faced by Android bingo players is a display that keeps freeing. Which isn’t such a problem, or so it seems, for Windows phones.
- Compatibility – Android devices come in many different shapes and sizes, each with their own individual way of using them. Different manufacturers use different interfaces and systems, which makes it very difficult to switch from one Android device to another. Not so with a Windows powered device. There is no need to struggle and get used to a different system and interface, making it so much easier to play Windows bingo.
- Storage – when it comes to storage all three types of mobile device are pretty much the same. The only difference appears in relation to price. The cheaper the price of the device the smaller the amount of storage space. And the same applies whether you buy iOS, Android or Windows.
- Price – iOS and Android devices tend to be very expensive, whereas a Windows device is a much more affordable option. But just because its cheaper it doesn’t mean it’s any the less good-looking.
- Functionality – Windows has a reputation for having a snappy keyboard, which is very convenient when chatting with friends.
Other Mobile Bingo Platforms
Should you choose downloadable apps or browser based websites for Windows bingo?
There are good and bad points relating to this question. We’ve already mentioned that the choice of Windows bingo apps is much smaller. But apart from that there is very little between them. Browser based Windows bingo games can be accessed instantly. Whereas a downloadable app first has to be downloaded and installed. Games played using a mobile browser can be accessed by a wide range of devices. Whereas bingo apps often suffer with issues of compatibility. There is a benefit with downloadable apps and that is they can be played when in offline mode. To play bingo using a browser you’ll require a constant and reliable internet connection. It’s also possible to connect to content quicker using an app once everything has been downloaded onto your device. Whatever device you choose to play on, and whether you choose an app or browser based website, we hope you enjoy your bingo experience.